Sunday, April 05, 2015

God's field

Last week I invited all my immigrant students to the Easter drama production. I didn't know if any would come, since they know very little English. I had a very difficult time trying to explain to them what it was, so I wasn't too sure if I persuaded any of them. However, in the process I did manage to teach them a new word, "amazing". I kept saying that word over and over again, each time using my hands to emphasize it.

With each performance I attended I looked out for them. When I spotted a student and their family, I would get very excited! I loved being able to meet their spouses and children afterwards. By the time all four performances were complete, most of my students came. Praise God! The seed has been planted and now God will be the One to make that seed grow.

All of God's family are called to work together with the same purpose: to bring in the harvest. We are God's field, but God is God who makes the seeds grow.

"I planted the seed in your hearts,
and Apollos watered it,
but it was God who made it grow.
It's not important who does the planting,
or who does the watering.
What's important is that God makes the seed grow.
The one who plants and the one who waters
work together with the same purpose.
And both will be rewarded for their own hard work.
For we are both God's workers.
And you are God's field.
You are God's building."
1 Corinthians 3:6-9 (NLT)

Jesus is alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment