Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Has God Not Given The Horse Its Strength?

In September of every year farmers hop on their horses to round up their sheep to sort them.


It is a two-day event in which Brian and I had the pleasure of attending.


The first thing I did when I got there was take pictures of the Icelandic horses.


I couldn't believe the variety of colours and patterns I saw in these horses.


I loved how their shaggy hair covered their eyes.


They were also very friendly and gentle in nature to touch.


They loved being caressed and talked to.


These horses originally came from Norway from the first settlers in the 10th century.


Since settlers often made a stop over in Ireland, Scotland and the Shetland Islands, the Icelandic horses are a blend of many different breeds.


However since as early as the 10th century, it has been forbidden to import horses to Iceland.


A horse that leaves Iceland can never return.


I liked that these horses were small. I wouldn't have been nervous at all to ride one. I really wanted to! They were so cute!


Even though these horses are small in height, they are very strong, powerful and tough.

"Have You given the horse its strength
or clothed its neck with a flowing mane?"
Job 39:19 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment