Monday, February 04, 2013

"I Will Ever Praise You."


Presenting our requests to God is only a small part of prayer. God's children are to also show their devotion to Him in prayer by being watchful and thankful.

"Devote yourselves to prayer,
being watchful and thankful."
Colossians 4:2 (NIV)

It is God's will for us to give thanks to Him in all circumstances. No matter what hardships we are facing, we are still not to neglect thanking God for who He is and what He has done for us.

"Give thanks in all circumstances,
for this is God's will for you
in Christ Jesus."
1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NIV)

At all times, we are to glorify the Lord and His praise should always be on our lips.

"I will extol the Lord at all times;
His praise will always be on my lips."
Psalm 34:1 (NIV)

Here are two examples from godly men in the Bible who offered up prayers of praise to their Heavenly Father. One is from David, and the other is from Daniel.

"From birth I have relied on You;
You brought me forth
from my mother's womb.
I will ever praise You."
Psalm 71:6 (NIV)

"Praise be the the Name of God
for ever and ever;
wisdom and power are His."
Daniel 2:20 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment