Thursday, February 14, 2013

You Can Pray For Anything


My cat Hunter developed large mats in her fur this winter. They were so hard and close to her skin I couldn't cut them out without risk of cutting her skin. Therefore, I prayed to God to help me find a pet salon that grooms cats. The problem was that most pet salons are dog salons that refuse to take cats — for sane reasons. I was just hoping I would find one with an insane owner.

As I looked through a list of pet salons, I felt compelled to phone the one nearest where I live, not noticing at first the name of the salon had two other words which followed: "Dog Grooming." (It was first thing in the morning, what I can say?)

When I talked with the friendly lady on the phone and told her my predicament, she was very understanding because she once had a cat that had to have stitches after she tried to cut her mats out. This, of course, was before she had her own business with the proper grooming tools on hand. However, the fact still remained that it was a dog parlour, so she politely refused. A bit of silence followed as I thought about the horror of cutting my cat's mats myself. Aren't cats suppose to groom themselves?!

As the shock of the nightmarish task that lay ahead of me wore off, I was able to finally speak and say, "Goodbye." But at that moment, the lady suddenly had a change of heart! With eager willingness, she told me to bring my cat in that morning and she would shave her fur where the mats were located. Of course, I had to first promise to hold the cat and suffer the probable consequences of flesh wounds.

Well, I am pleased to say (and thankful to God) that my cat behaved well and her mats are now gone! Not only that, the lady didn't even charge me, so later that day I went to the store and bought her a present to thank her.

As God's children, we are free to ask God for anything as long as it doesn't go against His character.

"You can pray for anything,
and if you have faith,
you will receive it."
Matthew 21:22 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment