Thursday, February 12, 2015

The ABCD Of Becoming A Christian

When I was a girl growing up in church, I learned the ABC's of becoming a Christian. A is admitting to God you are a sinner and repenting from your sins. B is believing that Jesus Christ is God's Son and accepting God's gift of forgiveness from your sins. C is confessing your faith in Jesus as your Lord and Saviour.

However, when I matured in Christ, I realized the ABC's of becoming a Christian was missing a vital part, D. D is dying to self daily. If we want to be a follower of Christ, we must turn from our selfish ways, and take up our cross daily.


"Then He said to the crowd,
'If any of you wants to be My follower,
you must turn from your selfish ways,
take up your cross daily,
and follow Me."
Luke 9:23 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment