Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Apple Of His Eye

The morning we arrived in Germany and checked in at our bed and breakfast, we decided to walk to the nearby town of Iphofen which has the closest train station to Markt Einersheim. (We were tired of sitting in a plane all night, so we were eager to get some exercise.)
 
 
Even though the sky was lightly overcast, it was a nice warm day to walk through farm fields and by rows of apple trees which lined the road.
 

 
I even picked some fallen apples to eat along the way. (I couldn't resist the temptation.) They had such a distinct taste, like no apple I have ever eaten before. I thought they were delicious!
 
And as I was enjoying eating those apples, God reminded me that we, His children, are the apple of His eye in which He greatly delights in.
 
"Keep me
as the apple of Your eye;
hide me
in the shadow
of Your wings."
Psalm 17:8 (NIV)
 
 
Once we reached Iphofen, we boarded the German regional train to spend the rest of the day in Nuremberg. 

No comments:

Post a Comment