Tuesday, September 29, 2015

The Same As I Gave You

"I want to give
the one who was hired last
the same as I gave you."
Matthew 20:14 (NIV)
 
Brian, Daniel and I hiked a lot in Germany. I loved walking along and through the vineyards.
 
 
 
 
 
 

These vineyards in Germany remind me of the mercy of God. In the Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard (Matthew 20:1-16), the owner bestowed the same day's wages to all of his workers even though some were hired later on during the day; therefore working less hours. This may not seem fair, but the story was told to reveal the mercy of God in salvation. All those who accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour will enter the Kingdom of God, no matter how late in their lives they make this decision. The reward of eternal life will be the same to all God's children.

"So when those came
who were hired first,
they expected to receive more.
But each one of them also
received a denarius."
Matthew 20:10 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment