Monday, September 29, 2014

All My Fountains Are In You

By the time our week in Maui had ended, Brian drove around the whole island of Maui, while I sat terrified trying to enjoy the scenery. The roads in Maui are extremely windy and narrow with no shoulders and numerous cliffs. There is even one part where the road is several kilometers long that only one car can travel on. I think I held my breath the whole time. It is a good thing my husband is a professional driver because he actually enjoys these times of roads and even having to drive backwards.



When we drove from Kapalua to Wailuku, we took a break and stopped at Nakalele Point to view and take pictures of the Nakalele Blowhole. There the ocean wore away the shore below the lava shelf. As a result, with each wave, water is forced through a hole in the lava shelf, causing an eruption of water similar to a geyser.



"For You are the fountain of life,
the light by which we see."
Psalm 36:9 (NLT)



"As they make music 
they will sing,
'All my fountains are in You.'"
Psalm 87:7 (NIV)


No comments:

Post a Comment