Tuesday, October 20, 2015

My Rock And My Fortress

The last castle Brian, our son Daniel and I saw in Germany was the Burg Meersburg Castle.
 
 
It is the oldest inhabited castle in all of Germany, built around 630.

 
Located on a rocky outcropping, 440 metres above sea level, this castle has a fabulous view of the lower city of Meersburg and Lake Constance.
 
 
Of course, it is not a royal palace, but rather a fortress to protect and shelter people from their enemies.

 
As God's children, our rock and fortress in the Lord Jesus Christ!
 
 
"The Lord is my rock, my fortress, my saviour;
my God is my rock,
in whom I find protection.
He is my shield,
the power that saves me,
and my place of safety.
Psalm 18:2 (NLT)
 
 
"The Lord is good,
a strong refuge
when trouble comes.
He is close to those
who trust in Him."
Nahum 1:7 (NLT)
 
 
"He is my loving ally
and my fortress,
my tower of safety,
my rescuer.
He is my shield
and I take refuge in Him."
Psalm 144:2 (NLT)
 
 
"This I declare about the Lord:
He alone is my refuge,
my place of safety;
He is my God,
and I trust Him."
Psalm 91:2 (NLT)
 
 
"He alone is my rock
and my salvation,
my fortress
where I will not be shaken."
Psalm 62:6 (NLT)
 
 
"God is our refuge and strength,
always ready to help
in times of trouble."
Psalm 46:1 (NLT)
 
 
"The Lord is my rock,
my fortress,
and my deliverer."
2 Samuel 22:2 (NLT)
 
 
"For You are my rock,
and my fortress:
For the honour of Your name,
lead me out of this danger."
Psalm 31:3 (NLT)


No comments:

Post a Comment