Monday, April 15, 2013

More Than We Ask Or Imagine!

When our West Jet landed in Phoenix, the next step, after gathering our luggage, was to pick up our reserved rental car, a 2012 Hyundai Accent (one of Budget's economical models). However, when we approached the counter of Budget Rental Car, the clerk surprised us by upgrading our car to a 2012 Sports Luxury Infinity M37 at approximately the same cost. Apparently business was slow, so the man lavishly gave us this luxurious car instead. And what a car! It was completely loaded. The car even had seats that could be both heated and cooled!


God is sure good! He gives us immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine. The last two times Brian and I travelled by flight, our rooms were unexpectedly upgraded to luxury ones, and this time it was our mode of transportation!

"Now to Him
who is able to do
immeasurably more
than all we ask or imagine,
according to His power
that is at work within us."
Ephesians 3:20 (NIV)

Once Brian and I hopped into this car, we were on our way. We drove two hours in a desert with very little vegetation — mostly cacti on flat ground or small hills of dirt.


As we got closer to Sedona, my heart sank. I could see no beauty anywhere. Then all of a sudden, completely out of nowhere, gorgeous red jagged mountains appeared. I was totally spellbound! It was a good thing my husband was driving instead of me because I would have crashed into something for staring at the magnificent beauty of those red rocks instead of the road ahead.

Here are the first pictures I took upon arriving in Sedona, just after we parked our car at the bed-and-breakfast where we were to stay. The awe-inspiring red mountains surrounded the bed-and-breakfast  in the Oak Creek Canyon of Sedona.


No comments:

Post a Comment