Friday, April 19, 2013

Trample On Snakes And Scorpions

There are fifty-six types of lizards and fifty-four types of snakes in the Arizonan desert. I encountered a total of three lizards basking in the sun, all of different types. However, I only managed to take pictures of two of them.



I also spotted a total of two snakes, both of different types, moments after hearing them rustle through the bushes. Like a typical female, I got excited and took pictures of them too. Unfortunately, only one photo turned out. (You will need to click on the image below to see it though.)


I didn't see any scorpions or tarantulas because I am a Christian and I thought I should obey the large signs and vocal warnings from others to stay on the trails.

It is interesting that the Bible figuratively uses scorpions and snakes to represent Satan and all his principalities, powers, and emissaries. The devil's aim is to inflict his poisonous venom upon all of us, but because of Christ's death on the cross, we, as Christians, now have the authority to overcome all the power of the enemy. Nothing can harm us. Jesus Christ has won the victory!

"I have given you authority
to trample on snakes
and scorpions
and to overcome
all the power of the enemy;
nothing will harm you."
Luke 10:19 (NIV)

My husband is glad I didn't take this verse literally. I might have been more tempted to go off the beaten track when I was already having a hard enough time resisting the temptation to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment