Tuesday, February 25, 2014

He Takes Hold Of Your Right Hand

Today, my husband Brian and I signed the papers for a 2014 Buick Encore. Brian will be driving the Toyota RAV4 I use to drive and I will driving the Buick Encore. The RAV4 is more powerful because it has a V6 engine. Therefore, the Toyota is better suited for Brian to drive, since he drives mostly on the highways. I, on the other hand, drive mostly in the city, so the Buick's turbocharged inline-4 engine is better suited for me.

When Brian and I bought the RAV4 two years ago, the experience I had dealing with the Toyota sales and service department was nightmarish, so I naturally was sick to my stomach at the thought of buying another vehicle. I was sold a RAV4 that would suddenly accelerate, instead of stopping when I put on the brakes. However, this did not occur all the time, and the first two times it happened, the acceleration only lasted a few seconds. Then the vehicle would stop abruptly. The third time, which was a week later, I couldn't stop the vehicle and ended up driving at an accelerated speed along the shoulder to avoid an accident. When I was able to stop the vehicle by turning off the ignition, I phoned the Toyota dealership to tow the vehicle back to their yard. After the mechanics in the service department drove the vehicle around for twenty minutes, they said there was nothing wrong with it, and told me to take the vehicle back. I, of course, refused, but Toyota wouldn't give me my money back. They treated me like I was crazy, including the salesman. I was then forced to trade the vehicle in for another one.

With those memories in my mind, Brian tried many times to take me to car dealerships to look at other vehicles, but I couldn't. I would freeze in the car and couldn't move. Brian then had to turn around to take me back home. I prayed to God for courage. Finally two weekends ago, I was able to get out of the car and walk into a car lot, only to flee a few seconds later from an aggressive probing salesman. I then prayed to God for courage and wisdom!

Last weekend, God answered both of my prayers. When Brian drove up to a Buick dealership on Saturday, I again panicked, but after we drove around a bit and did some shopping, I felt led of the Lord to go back. When we walked in, we were surprisingly able to look at cars without anyone bothering us. Later when we were ready, I asked at the desk for a salesman. The salesman who was sent to us was a quiet-spoken, unassertive and caring young man. He was pleasure to do business with! and sold us a beautiful car.

If you are afraid of anything, (including car salesmen), God will take hold of your right hand and help you.

"For I am the Lord your God
who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
I will help you."
Isaiah 41:13 (NIV)

Here is a picture of my new car. The colour is called deep espresso. We were going to buy a used car, but the dealership was offering zero percent financing on a new car. The payments on this car worked out to be the same as one for a used car we were looking at.


I love my car and the salesman God led us to! Little does he know God specifically chose him for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment