Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Our Worth And Our Gain


Loving others is all that is important. Speaking all the languages of earth and of angels, having the gift of prophecy, understanding all of God's secret plans, possessing all knowledge, having great faith to move mountains, giving everything to the poor, and even sacrificing our body means nothing to God when there is no love in our hearts for others. 

"If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels,
but didn't love others,
I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I had the gift of prophecy,
and if I understood all of God's secret plans
and possessed all knowledge,
and if I had such faith 
that I could move mountains,
but didn't love others,
I would be nothing.
If I gave everything I have to the poor
and even sacrificed my body,
I could boast about it;
but if I didn't love others,
I would have gained nothing."
1 Corinthians 13:1-3 (NLT)

How much we love others determines our worth. How much we love others determines our gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment