Tuesday, February 11, 2014

You Know The Person You Love


Last week when I was shopping at Shopper's Drug Mart, I stopped to look at all the stuffed animals on display for Valentine's Day. I love stuffed animals! I never had one when I was a girl growing up, so I like to pick them up, feel their softness and dream. One stuffed animal at Shopper's Drug Mart caught my attention. It was an English Sheep Dog carrying a heart in his mouth. I thought it was so cute and dreamed that my husband bought it for me for Valentine's Day. I put the stuffed dog back on the shelf and with that thought left with a smile on my face.

Then Sunday night my husband came home. When I went downstairs to greet him, that stuffed dog I fell in love with at Shopper's Drug Mart was sitting on the kitchen table! I couldn't believe my eyes! My husband knows me. Why? Because he loves me.

It is the same with our relationship with God. If we love Him, we want to know Him.

"I want to know Christ---
yes, to know the power of His resurrection
and participation in His sufferings,
becoming like Him in His death."
Philippians 3:10 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment