Friday, May 09, 2014

A Flower That Never Fades

This morning, Brian and I got up at 4:30 to sit on the beach in the dark and gaze at the stars. Then sun finally rose at 6:45.


My favourite bird, a Brown Pelican, flew by to make the sunrise a more spectacular picture.


Once the sun was up, clouds then drifted by it.


I was able to capture this bird with a shell in his mouth.


After the bird ate what was inside that shell, he went for another one.


On Sanibel Island, Brian and I chose not to rent a car. Sanibel Island is only twelve miles long and three miles wide, so we decided to travel on bikes. Cycling on Sanibel Island was my second most favourite part of holidaying in Sanibel. Bird watching was my first. 


Brian and I figured we have cycled over 120 miles so far. We spend most of each day on our bikes.


Today as I rode around the island, I stopped to take pictures of every colour Hibiscus flower I could find.


They are large beautiful flowers.



These flowers may be beautiful, but unfortunately they will soon fade. However, the Word of God is a beautiful flower that never fades.

"The grass withers 
and the flowers fade,
but the Word of our God
endures forever."
Isaiah 40:8 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment