Thursday, May 08, 2014

Paradise Of God

The wind blew hard last night, so I got up early this morning to see what treasures the waves brought to shore. I will be bringing home a suitcase full of beautiful shells.


I wasn't the only ones looking for things. The birds were too.


I later spotted these pretty ducks with bright orange legs and feet.


However, I hadn't seen an alligator yet, so while Brian and I were cycling in the morning, I prayed and asked God to show me one. Five minutes later, God answered my prayer. My husband, who was ahead of me on his bike, rode right on by without noticed, but I spotted him right away.


While I was taking pictures, the alligator even lifted up his head and smiled for the camera. God is good!


This Little Blue Heron was also in the swamp, so I took a picture of it too.


This is a Laughing Gull on Lighthouse Beach.


I heard a noise behind me while I was watching the dolphins on the beach. When I turned around I saw a Red-Belly Woodpecker climbing a tree.


My favourite bird to watch on the beach is the Brown Pelican.



Here is another picture I took today of an Osprey against the turquoise sky.


Sanibel is paradise, and if Sanibel is paradise, I wonder what heaven will be like. What a reward is waiting for those who stay fervently faithful to God!

"He who has an ear,
let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.
To the one who conquers
I will grant to eat of the tree of life,
which is in paradise of God."
Revelations 2:7 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment