Friday, May 16, 2014

The Lord Is Good!

Since I have returned home to Edmonton from Sanibel Island, I have missed seeing the tropical birds. I wanted to buy a picture of two Snowy Egrets in Sanibel before I left, but the cost of the picture was too expensive.

Yesterday, as I was browsing through a local used store, still feeling a little sad, I unexpectedly came across a beautiful large oil painting in excellent condition of two Snowy Egrets of Florida. I couldn't believe my eyes! Then when I looked at the price tag on the picture, I was even more thrilled to see it only cost $25. I quickly brought it to the til and thanked God. As soon as I got home, I hung the picture on my living room wall as a lovely reminder of those tropical birds God created for me to enjoy the week I was in Sanibel Island.


I think the picture is as nice as the one I saw at the art store for hundreds of dollars in Sanibel. God is so good!


"Give thanks to the Lord,
 for the Lord is good!"
1 Chronicles 16:34 (NLT)

Snowy Egrets are small white herons with a slim black bill, long black legs and yellow feet.


The area on the upper bill in front of the eyes is yellow.


The adult Snowy Egrets have recurved plumes on the back.


They eat fish, crustaceans, insects and small reptiles, and stalk prey in shallow water.


No comments:

Post a Comment