Friday, October 03, 2014

All Who Hear About This Will Laugh With Me

Sometimes my curiosity gets the best of me.


During the early morning hours while Brian and I were strolling along the shores of Big Beach in Maui, I spotted a rugged trail to the right side of the beach going up through the lava rocks.


Immediately I thought, "I wonder where that trail leads to?"


So naturally, I decided to check it out with my husband in full agreement.


To my delight and surprise the trail went to another beautiful beach, but much smaller one called Little Beach.


I was instantly captivated and started to take pictures, oblivious to the few bare people on the beach.


Fortunately, my husband who is more situationally aware than me whispered in my ear, "Don't look. We are on nude beach."

Now, I know I shouldn't have, but I looked. And to my horror I saw an old man sitting in a chair reading a newspaper which was held too high to not cover his private parts. Then I turned my head slightly and saw two young men, one eagerly running to the water's edge with his surf board in hand, not strategically placed of course, and the other one still on the beach in the process of taking his clothes off.

Then I did what any mature woman in my predicament would have done. I burst out laughing and got out of there as fast as I could. I tried my best to gain control of myself, but failed.

I guess I am a lot like Sarah in the Bible when she too laughed at the silliness of her predicament.

"And Sarah declared,
'God has brought me laughter.
All who hear about this
will laugh with me."
Genesis 21:6 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment