Friday, October 24, 2014

Pay Them Back With A Blessing

My husband loves the cartoon characters, Charlie Brown, Snoopy and Woodstock, so this fall, I bought our first inflatable lawn decoration of them. 

None of my sons have ever gone out trick-or-treating on Halloween, but I will still give out treats at our door to the children who do. The only problem, hardly any children come. Most of them just walk on by because we never have any decorations out. That is why I decided this year to buy a cute Halloween decoration to put on our lawn to encourage the children to come to our door. In the past when the children in our neighbour come, I always pray for each one of them that they will come to know Jesus as the personal Lord and Saviour and then ask God to bless them. I thought, "Why not turn a bad celebration into an opportunity to bless people?"


"Don't repay evil for evil.
Don't retaliate with insults
when people insult you.
Instead, pay them back with a blessing.
That is what God has called you to do,
and He will bless you for it."
1 Peter 3:9 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment