Friday, October 10, 2014

When Sex Becomes An Idol

The three years I was in Bible College, not once was the topic of sexual purity discussed in any of my classes or training. Yet sexual immorality ran rampant on campus. My boyfriend and I caught a male student having sex in his vehicle with a female student; one student got pregnant and had to leave college; a couple of  male students who were at the time dating female students were discovered to be in a homosexual relationship; the gymnasium which was located in a secluded area on campus was constantly being broken into for a place for students to have sex, a male student with the most charisma in preaching was discovered to be taking female students to hotels for sex; and a Youth Pastor who was attending college classes was having sex with his girlfriend, who was a friend of mine. Most of these people I mention are pastors today, and then we wonder why clergy sexual abuse occurs in many of our present churches. And the worse part is when it happens, nobody does anything about it to stop it. They either keep their mouth shut, or try to cover it up!

But God's eyes are on all their ways. They are not hidden from Him, nor are their sins concealed in His eyes. God say He will repay them double for their wickedness and their sins because they have defiled the church of God. Sex has become their idol.


"My eyes are on all their ways;
they are not hidden from me,
nor is their sin concealed from my eyes.
I will repay them double for their wickedness and their sin,
because they have defiled my land
with the lifeless forms of their vile images
and have filled my inheritance with their detestable idols."
Jeremiah 16:17 (NIV)

.


No comments:

Post a Comment