Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Disturb Us Lord!


When I woke up yesterday morning and opened my bedroom door, Osha opened his eyes but refused to move from his comfortable, stretched-out position on his bed, which is located just outside my bedroom door above the stairs to the main living area of our house. Osha didn't even make a twitch, but instead gave me that look which says, "Why did you disturb me? I was enjoying my sleep!"

Sometimes, I think we can be like Osha. We get too pleased and comfortable with our lives, our churches, and all the abundant things we possess that we stop dreaming about eternity. We stop thirsting for the Living Water and craving for the Living Bread, that we might live daily in His presence. As a result, we become ineffective in our testimony and cease caring about the unsaved who are doomed to spend their eternity without God, without Love, and without Life.

Let God disturb each of us more in our comfort, so that we don't forget about Him, His Word, Heaven, and the unsaved souls all around us.

"Only be careful,
and watch yourselves closely
so that you do not forget
the things your eyes have seen
or let them slip from your heart
as long as you live.
Teach them to your children
and to their children after them."
Deuteronomy 4:9 (NIV)

Be always careful, watchful, and cautious about the things of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment