Thursday, December 13, 2012

There Am I With Them


This year God has richly blessed me with nine ladies (many of whom are from different churches and denominations) who weekly meet together at my house for Bible study and prayer. We also pray for each other's needs during the week as well. I eagerly look forward to every Thursday morning when we come together in God's Name, because God is there with us, speaking to all of our hearts as we grow in His knowledge and wisdom when we study His Word, care for each other's needs, and pray.

"For where two or three
come together in My Name,
there am I with them."
Matthew 18:20 (NIV)

We don't have to meet in an elaborate place for God's presence to be felt, because God doesn't care about the surroundings or the things we see. He cares about the heart. And each lady who comes to my home comes with a sincere heart to know God more and have a deeper, more intimate relationship with Him. As a result, we see God working in all of our lives, answering prayers, and blessing each of us with His love and care. (I even had one lady a few weeks ago come a day early and my first thought was, "What a sweet lady! How God must be pleased with her zealous heart!")

"Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God."
Matthew 5:8 (NIV)

You see, what matters most to God is that we love Him more than anyone or anything else, and that we have an earnest desire to seek His face regularly and be in a steadfast relationship with Him, our Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment