Saturday, December 08, 2012

God Fills Us With All Joy And Peace

I love Christmas! But just because I love Christmas doesn't mean that I don't, at this time of year, feel an emptiness for the loved ones I have lost, or grieve for others I know who have lost their beloved spouse or child and will be celebrating the season without them. Loving Christmas doesn't mean I don't feel a nagging guilt for all I have and for those who do not. It doesn't mean I am not sickened by the world's focus of Christmas as they ignore the miraculous birth of Jesus Christ and all He stands for.


Loving Christmas doesn't mean that my heart isn't deeply saddened and troubled for all those who haven't yet received the greatest gift — one of faithful love that comes from our Heavenly Father, that required the greatest sacrifice, and that offers to all the greatest rewards: salvation and eternal blessings. Loving Christmas doesn't mean I don't hold some bad memories of past Christmases; I miscarried two children during the Christmas season.

I love Christmas because the God of hope fills me with all joy and peace as I trust Him. No matter what negative thoughts try to enter my heart, God's Holy Spirit within overflows and overpowers them with hope.

"May the God of hope
fill you with all joy and peace
as you trust in Him,
so that you may overflow
with hope by the power
of the Holy Spirit."
Romans 15:13 (NIV)

My love for Christmas will be forever and always because my heart is set on Jesus Christ and eternity with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment