Thursday, January 08, 2015

God Made It All


The Western Pleasure Guest Ranch consists of 960 acres of God's creation.


I eagerly reached for my camera to take pictures of the handiwork of God on the morning we celebrated Christ's birth.


When we first arrived at the ranch there wasn't a lot of snow, but that was soon to change. A snow storm was predicted in two days.


But on Christmas day, the ranch was a quiet and peaceful setting for us to enjoy the wonder of God's miracle when His Son was born.


Our dogs were happy and my heart was glad they could be with us.


The theme song for the television series called "Green Acres" came to my mind.


"Green acres is the place to be.
Farm living is the life for me.
"Land spreading out so far and wide.
Keep Manhattan; give me the country side."


I love the country side because when I look upon the majestic beauty of God's creation, I can get a greater sense of who God is. Peace and trust enfolds me like a comforting blanket in cold and dark world. 


The earth around us and the heavens above all speak of God's sovereign power, infinite wisdom, and absolute understanding.


"He made the earth by His power;
He founded the world by His widom
and stretched out the heavens 
by His understanding."
Jeremiah 51:15 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment