Saturday, January 31, 2015

"I Would Rather Die."

What Christian event today doesn't charge a price? Christian conferences, music concerts, major drama productions, men's and women's retreats, children's camps, boys and girls clubs, and most all church socials and special events cost money. And when you think about it, church costs money---lots of it! Very few people today work volunteer or for low wages for the Lord any more. I don't think very many people today would say like Paul, "I would rather die than lose my right to boast about preaching without charge."


Pastors who minister the Gospel of Jesus Christ in remote or small areas, living off minimal wages or God's provisions, are often looked down upon by other Christians and pastors who minister in large fancy churches today. However, even though people may look down upon these dedicated Christ-filled pastors, God raises them up way beyond the arrogant others who would rather live with man's honour than die with God's honour.

"In fact, I would rather die
than lose my right to boast about
preaching without charge."
1 Corinthians 9:15 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment