Monday, January 05, 2015

My Heart Is Filled

God was with us on our Christmas road trip to Sandpoint, Idaho. The temperatures were mild, the visibility was clear, and the roads were clear, except for some icy patches along Crow's Nest Pass. Even though a heavy snowfall was predicted, we encountered none.


The scenery was beautiful! When God covers His forests and mountains with snow, it is like a wonderland of God's purity and goodness.


My son Tim took pictures while I drove. Then we switched later on. He drove and I took pictures.


Of course, Olaf had to come too!


Before we drove off, I prayed out loud to God for His protection on both vehicles, and then trusted Him with all my heart. When I think about God's strength and shield of protection on this trip and holiday, my heart is filled with such joy and thanksgiving in knowing God as my heavenly Father.

"The Lord is my strength and shield.
I trust Him with all my heart.
He helps me,
and my heart is filled with joy.
I burst out in song of thanksgiving."
Psalm 28:7 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment