Tuesday, June 02, 2015

A Place Of Safety

My husband and I recently came home adventuring in the enchanted land of New Mexico, U.S.

 
For the first five days, Brian and I stayed at a historic adobe hacienda which had been transformed into a charming award-winning bed and breakfast called Adobe Pines.

 
This unique Spanish lodging is around 200 years old with the original architectural elements still preserved. It is situated in the outskirts of a quaint town called Taos, located in the northern central region of New Mexico.


Our first experience of Adobe history started in our reserved suite called Puerta Azul.

 
Puerta Azul means "blue door" in Spanish. However, they should have added the word "short" in the title because the door was much shorter than my height. I hit my head the first time I entered our suite. However, I soon forgot my pain when I saw the room's bright coloured beauty.



The breakfast menu was advertised the day before and they were absolutely amazing! I would get up every morning waiting eagerly for 8:00 to arrive, so I could eat the scrumptious meal.

 
Underneath the ground, there is also a rock-lined tunnel from the root cellar to the well-house in case the past Spaniards were raided upon. In this way, they could fortify themselves for a long period of time without starving or dying of thirst.  
 
 
As God's children, He is our Rock, Fortress, Saviour, Protector, Shield, Power, and Place of Safety from the enemy who tries to destroy us and take away what God has blessed us with.
 
"The Lord is my Rock,
my Fortress,
and my Saviour;
my God is my Rock,
in whom I find protection.
He is my Shield,
the Power that saves me,
and my Place of Safety."
Psalm 18:2 (NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment