Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Among The Aged

Yesterday, I gave all my ESL students a 4-page test to see how well they are learning the English language.

Then as soon as I got home, I eagerly went to work to mark their papers. I am pleased to say all of my students, (except for one who missed several months of classes when she visited her family in Pakistan), obtained a 70% or higher score.

The student who received the highest mark of 100 %, was my oldest student, who is in her early seventies. She used to be a High School Math Teacher, and she and her husband moved to Canada from Columbia only five months ago. It is truly amazing how well and how quickly she is learning our language. Age does not necessarily deteriorate one's mind. I have discovered, there is great wisdom and deep understanding among the aged.


"Is not wisdom found among the aged?
Does not long life bring understanding?"
Job 12:12 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment