Monday, June 15, 2015

Apple Of His Eye

When Brian and I stayed at the Adobe Inn in Taos, New Mexico, I spotted a raven's nest of three younglings on their property.
 
 
Ravens are considered as the most intelligent of all birds. They apparently even surpass the chimpanzees in their learning abilities and logic in solving problems.
 

I enjoyed watching the mother feed the younglings in the early mornings, as I waited for my own breakfast. The mother may have been the one gathering food and feeding her babies, but I realized it is really God who was providing the food for them. When the young ravens are hungry and cry out for food, they cry out to their Creator.

"Who provides food for the ravens
when their young cry out to God
and wander about in hunger?"
Job 38:41 (NLT)
 

We are to do the same! When we have a need of any kind, we are to cry out to our Maker. If God provides for the ravens, He will certainly provide for us. We are the apple of His eye!

"Keep me as the apple of Your eye;
hide me in the shadow of Your wings."
Psalm 17:8 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment