Sunday, August 05, 2012

God Rescues Those Whose Spirits Are Crushed

My cat Osha, sometimes likes to sleep in my dog's cage. A few days ago, Osha accidentally locked himself in there. After he woke up from his nap, he wanted out, but he was trapped. My son Tim took this picture of the cat before letting him out.


When I saw this picture, it reminded my of how one of my sons was feeling these last few days. He felt trapped from false accusations, and spiritual abuse when he confronted sin at his job at church. He resigned, but a humble apology that came early this morning finally freed him from his turmoil. Neither of us expected it, even though I prayed throughout the night for a miracle to ease my son's grieving heart. The miracle came and instantly the pain was relieved. That is what a sincere apology can do for those who have been wrongly treated. It now paves a way for reconciliation.

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted;
He rescues those whose spirits are crushed."
Psalm 34:18 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment