Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sometimes We Need To Let Dreams Go And Trust God

I have recently decided that it is best our cat Osha not be allowed in my bedroom. Therefore, I have been keeping my bedroom door closed so he can't get in. Osha, however, still tries to reach in with his paws underneath the door. I think he figures if his whole body can't get in, at least his paws can.


Sometimes God closes doors on us too, and our dreams and ambitions are halted. It may be only temporary or it may be permanent. Many times we may never understand why. Nevertheless, we must continue to trust God by letting go of the reason to know why. This can be difficult, so it may be that we become like Osha: we continue to try to reach our goal by slipping our hands under the closed door to access it, thinking we know best. However, this proves to be just a waste of our time. God's thoughts are nothing like our thoughts. He knows all things and knows us better than we know ourselves. There will be times His plans will be different than our plans. We just need to submit to His ways and trust Him.

"'My thoughts are nothing
like your thoughts,'
says the Lord.
'And My ways are far beyond
anything you could imagine.
For just as the heavens are
higher than the earth,
so My ways are
higher than your ways
and My thoughts
higher than your thoughts.'"
Isaiah 55:8-9 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment