Thursday, August 02, 2012

Salvation: The Greatest Gift To Mankind


This morning I received the most wonderful news! I broke down and cried as I thanked my Father in Heaven. My sister-in-law who recently died asked a Christian family member to tell her about Jesus and how to get to heaven. This was my daily prayer request for her over this last year: that God would send a Christian person to her at just the right time when her heart was ready to accept Jesus as her Lord and Saviour. I also cried out to God in prayer for her healing, but still, I always told God that it was much more important that she become a part of His Kingdom. Sometimes it takes dying for someone to realize his/her need of a Saviour. A physical healing is a great gift, but salvation is much greater; one is temporal, but the other is eternal.

Because of sin, we will all die; because of God's grace, we can have eternal life through Jesus Christ, His Son.

"So just as sin ruled over all people
and brought them to death,
not God's wonderful grace rules instead,
giving us right standing with God
and resulting in eternal life
through Jesus Christ our Lord."
Romans 5:21 (NLT)

What a wonderful gift! and what wonderful news! when someone accepts this gift from God!

No comments:

Post a Comment