Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Remain Faithful To One Another In Marriage

"Give honour to marriage,
and remain faithful to one another in marriage."
Hebrew 13:4 (NLT)

Today is my Thirtieth Wedding Anniversary! Thirty-one years ago, my heart was wounded, my pain great, my trust destroyed, and my self-esteem trampled. Then, only a few days later, I met Brian for the first time. I was fearful, mistrusting, and angry, with no desire to start another relationship. However, Brian was persistent, even when I turned to him on our second date and made it very clear to him that I planned on waiting until I was married. If he didn't like it, then he could leave. (And I didn't say it in a sweet tone of voice either, and I was glad he didn't ask why because I wasn't ready yet to tell him.) I'm glad to say he didn't leave. He actually told me later it was at that moment he knew I was the one he wanted to marry.

I am proud to say that, while we were courting, my husband never touched me in an inappropriate way. He was my first and I was his first on our wedding day.

Thirty years later, though we are apart most of the time, we've both been continually faithful and committed to each other. Even to this day, my husband will turn his head away when he sees a woman provocatively dressed and will not watch anything that is above PG. If he doesn't think I notice, I do.

Yesterday, we spent the day hiking in Drumheller with our three youngest sons. (Daniel, our oldest son, was already there with his friends camping.) Here are a few pictures of Brian and I enjoying our times together.





No comments:

Post a Comment