Thursday, March 14, 2013

Arguments Can Ruin Those Who Hear Them

I hate arguments! I get stressed out if people argue. So I usually try to be the peacemaker and stop an argument from escalating any further. In the meantime, my heart is pounding as memories of my troubled childhood come racing to the forefront of my mind, when many times I saw arguments lead to abuse, both emotionally and physically.

I don't understand why people, even Christians, argue over words and differences of opinion. Such arguments are useless. They only hurt others. Do these people get some sort of high from being argumentative? They are like tigers ready to pounce on their next victim. People can have a difference of opinion without being forceful, controlling, and debasing.


The Bible commands us to stop fighting. Why? Because useless arguments lead to destruction, not only to those directly involved, but also to those who hear them.

"Remind everyone about these things,
and command them in God's presence
to stop fighting over words.
Such arguments are useless,
and they can ruin
those who hear them."
2 Timothy 2:14 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment