Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Now Look! I Am Alive!

Last night, my sons and I drove to a large city church to watch a fantastic Easter drama/music production called "Worth It All." The particular performance that we attended was the third of four. We arrived an hour early to get choice seats. It's a good thing we did: the building was completely packed in both the auditorium and the overflow rooms fifteen minutes before the performance started.

Since we arrived so early, I was able to select a photographically advantageous seating position (on the end of one of the centre pews). Here are some of my favourites pictures:

The people whom Jesus loves.

The Sadducees and Pharisees whom Jesus loves,
but also admonishes because of their hypocrisy.

Jesus mingling with the people.

The astonishment of the people
when Jesus performed a miracle.

Jesus offering forgiveness to an adulteress
if she turns away from sin and comes to Him.

Jesus feeding the crowd
with only five loaves of bread and two fish.

Jesus dining with the tax collectors.

Jesus entering triumphantly into Jerusalem,
as He gets off His donkey.

The last supper.

Jesus is alive!

Jesus once was dead, but today He is alive, and He will live for ever and ever. He holds the keys to death. Now we all have to choose whether to accept Him and live with Him for eternity, or reject Him and die without Him.

"I am the Living One;
I was dead, and now look,
I am alive for ever and ever!
And I hold the keys of death and Hades."
Revelations 1:18 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment