Sunday, March 24, 2013

God Bent Down

Over this last year, my sons Tim and Matthew have had numerous medical tests to try to pin down the cause of their physical ailments: blood tests, ultrasounds, endoscopies, electrocardiograms, and on and on. Unfortunately, none of these tests gave any indication as to what was wrong. But finally, just last week, an allergist has found the culprit: soy.

Well, there goes all those high-protein energy bars that Tim and Matthew have been eating constantly, not to mention just about everything else in the food market! (I was shocked to learn how many foods contain soy.)


My sons are now very relieved to know that their symptoms weren't all in their heads: difficulty swallowing and breathing, puffy blue lips, rapid heartbeat, breathlessness, nausea, dizziness, tiredness, headaches, stomach craps, diarrhoea, and so on.

We pray because we know God will answer, and He did! God bent down and listened to our prayers.

"I am praying to You
because I know You will answer,
O God.
Bend down
and listen as I pray."
Psalm 17:6 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment