Sunday, March 03, 2013

Like A Muddied Spring


As I look out of my bedroom window this morning in March, I dishearteningly see freshly fallen snow. Lots of it. I long for spring. Winters here are so long. I don't think I will ever get used to it.

I am glad that Brian and I are flying out of here in a little over a month to spend a week in Sedona, Arizona, exploring the magnificent beauty of the Grand Canyon. Both Brian and I have never seen it and we are eagerly looking forward to scenery besides filthy snow, huge mud lakes, and crater-like potholes.


For the time being, everything here is white and hidden. But since the temperatures are so mild, it won't stay that way long. The snow is wet and mushy, not soft and light. So, as soon as it stops snowing, everything will turn back into black, dirty mud. Something that is now lovely and pure will become ugly and contaminated. And like a muddied spring or polluted well is a man or woman, once made righteous by the cleansing blood of Jesus Christ, who has given way to the wicked.

"Like a muddied spring
or a polluted well
is a righteous man
who gives way
to the wicked."
Proverbs 25:26 (NIV)

How saddened God's heart must be when He looks upon those He once made pure but who are now spotted, even blacked, by their wickedness and unrepentant sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment