Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Excited . . . And Fearful


Have you ever been excited and fearful all at the same time because God might be asking you to do something new? I am feeling this way now. I am excited because the something new means I will have more opportunities to love people and reach the hurting and the lost souls of this world for Jesus. I am fearful because I don't know the team I might be working with. I have so many questions: Will they be more interested in the unsaved than in money and material gain? Will the heart matter to them more than outward appearances? Will pleasing God be their goal, or will pleasing people? Will the Word of God govern their lives, or will man? Will God be their focus, or will other gods?

As I write this post with butterflies in my stomach, I have to trust God. He knows me and the answers to my questions. He knew the answers before I even had the questions! The Word of God says that He has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power, love, and discipline. So, I will go ahead, trust God, continue to love Him and all others, and work hard for Him in the harvest field.

"For God has not given us
a spirit of timidity,
but of power
and love
and discipline."
2 Timothy 1:7 (NAS)

No comments:

Post a Comment