Tuesday, November 05, 2013

More Into The Treasury Than All The Others

Last Sunday I also got a $5 gift card from Claires, an accessories and jewelry store for little girls. This gift card was given to me by the same sweet eight-year old girl who gave me the homemade card. (I gathered the gift card was once hers, probably a gift from another little girl.) I thanked the girl very much and then gave her a big hug. It was at that moment I thought about how Jesus must have felt when a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins worth only a fraction of a penny. This little girl who gave me the gift card on Sunday did the same. She gave me all that she had. Little does she know that she has put more into the treasury than all the others.

"But a poor widow came 
and put in two very small copper coins,
worth only a fraction of a penny.
Calling His disciples to Him,
Jesus said, 
'I tell you the truth,
this poor widow
has put more into the treasury
than all the others.'"
Mark 12:41-43 (NIV)

Then yesterday, I went to the mall to try to find something in Claires to buy that I could wear to show the girl on Wednesday night when she comes to the Christian boys and girls club. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything. Everything in the store is for little girls, so the merchandise is either too small or too childish. I prayed to God for wisdom. Then I looked around once more and spotted this necklace.



I will now proudly wear it tomorrow night for around my neck hangs a treasure of great value.

No comments:

Post a Comment