Friday, May 13, 2011

Birthday Pictures

It's my birthday today! (And my twin brother's too!) As I look back over the years, I see so many of God's blessings. It is truly worth living for Jesus!

Here is a picture of me and my twin brother, Stephen, as babies:


My two oldest sons have red hair like Stephen. Happy Birthday Stephen!

When I was five years old, I was diagnosed with Perthes disease. I ended up in a wheelchair, unable to walk:


Three years later, one morning just before I was to have surgery and have both legs casted, Jesus visited me and healed me completely. God is good and still heals today! I became one of the fastest runners in track and field:


"O Lord my God, I called to you for help and you healed me."
 Psalm 30:2

My healing was a testimony to many of my neighbours who used to see me being wheeled around in a wheel chair. Two of them came to know Jesus afterwards.

This is me and my (then future) husband:


What a blessing he is!

My wedding day:


My graduation from Bible College:


My graduation banquet:


I loved math and the sciences, but God called me to Bible College. I have never regretted it and now I have four sons all pursuing careers in these fields of study.

My son, Chris, took this picture today with his new camera:


I'm 49 now!

No comments:

Post a Comment