Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Two Miracles At Once

My mother became a Christian when my twin brother, Stephen and I were toddlers. When Stephen and I were 5 years old, she lead us in the prayer of salvation to God one night before bedtime. Then my mother began to read from a series of children's Bible books to us each night. Afterwards we would pray together. Our two main prayer requests were my father's salvation and my healing of Perthes disease. We prayed this every night for several years. Then God answered both prayers,, just before I was to have surgery and have both legs casted.

I remember it just like it was yesterday. One morning, I woke up to an intense light that filled by bedroom. This frightened me, so I hid my head under the covers of my blanket. When I managed to gain the courage to look again, I was amazed to see Jesus standing in my room with his arms reaching out towards me. I was never so ecstatic. I yelled out to my mother to come quickly. When she arrived, I excitedly told her that Jesus is here and He has come to take me home. My mother was flabbergasted and wasn't too sure how to respond. I asked her, "Don't you see Him? He's right here!" She shock her head and said, "No." I didn't understand. All I knew was that I was in the presence of God and nothing mattered, not even my healing. I just wanted to be with Jesus. The love and peace I felt was nothing I have ever experience before.

When the sight of Jesus disappeared, my mother called the Pastor from our Church that we were attending. He came over right away. When he entered my bedroom and took one look at me, he said, "You don't have to convince me, this girl has seen Jesus." He said that my face was so bright like nothing he has ever seen before. When he sat by my bed, he asked me if I had pain in my legs. I thought for a second and answered, "No."  Then he told me that Jesus had come to heal me. I am being completely honest when I say that this thought never occurred to me until that moment. I was actually feeling a bit disappointed and confused as to why I was still left here on earth. I wanted to be with Jesus.

Then the Pastor helped me out of bed and got me to take my first steps  Before that moment my mother use to push me around in a wheelchair. I started to walk again little by little. Each day the strength in my legs increased. God had healed me completely!

I can assure you that it comes time for each of us who knows God as Lord and Saviour to leave earth and be with Jesus in heaven, you will not experience any sadness or longing for the things of this earth. When you are finally in the presence of God, nothing else matters but being with Him — the One who loves us more than any one could ever imagine. His love is that great! His peace indescribable!


"But He was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed."
Isaiah 53:5

Soon after God healed me, my father accepted Jesus as his personal Lord and Saviour. He could no longer deny the existence of God. Before that time my father was an atheist.

No comments:

Post a Comment