Wednesday, May 18, 2011

You Are Never Forgotten

While I was visiting my mom and dad one spring day, my dad mentioned that the baby robins in his garden were about ready to fly the coop. I thought, "Oh good! Lets see if I can take some pictures." After grabbing my camera, I quietly encroached upon the nest. As I was watching, eagerly awaiting the baby birds' first flight, God reminded me of His truths in the Bible.

Here is a picture of the first baby robin gathering the courage to leave the comfort of the nest, while the other sibling nervously waits.


"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet
your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"
Matthew 6:26

The mother robin is close by. Now it is the second baby robin's turn.  He takes much longer, even just to sit on the edge of the nest.


"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the
ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are
all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."
Matthew 10:29-31

The second robin is ready now. Soon the nest will be empty, waiting to be used again. New life will begin once more.


"Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God."
Luke 12:6

No comments:

Post a Comment