Thursday, May 26, 2011

Lazarus Puppet Show

Last night at Faith Divers, my son Tim and I put on a puppet show telling the story of Lazarus. Tim was Uncle Wheatley and I was Hubert.

I wrote this script a few nights ago at five in the morning. Ideas come to me in the middle of the night. Then I wake early, go to my computer and write. It is strange how my mind works. I have no idea why my brain is the most creative at night when I should be sleeping.

Here is the recording of the puppet show. I hope you enjoy! I tried to put myself in the mind of a child when I wrote it.


"My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the Lord.
"And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.
For just as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so my ways are higher than your ways,
and my thoughts higher than your thoughts."
Isaiah 55:8-9

My son, Chris, took a picture of these two cute puppets with the Bible verses on it. Then we gave each child a copy to take home as a reminder of God's Word.


The children really learned a valuable lesson in us telling them the story of how Lazarus was raised from the dead. They realized that God thinks differently that we do. In fact, His ways are better than our ways. We just need to trust Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment