Thursday, July 05, 2012

Diversity In Creation

This is a female Redhead duck that I spotted swimming in a small pond near where I live. The duck stood out because of its soft red colouring.


Although I looked, I couldn't find the male Redhead. I discovered later after searching the Internet that male Redhead ducks are the love-them-and-leave-them types: as soon as the females start incubating their eggs, the males head south to molt.

Not only that, but I also learned that the male Redhead duck actually meows and purrs like a cat, instead of quacking like a duck. The female Redhead duck, however, does quacks. I guess they are smart enough to know they are not a cat.

I find the diversity in creation absolutely amazing! This verse in Psalms describes how I feel.

"How many are your works, Lord!"
Psalm 104:24 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment