Thursday, July 12, 2012

It's Too Hot!


We've been having very warm temperatures lately and my cat Osha doesn't like the heat. Instead of taking his day-time naps curled up into a ball with his head upside-down as he usual does, he just stretches out on his bed and looks dazed. It's too hot for him!

The Bible says that when we have unconfessed and hidden sin in our lives, we will feel like Osha in the picture. Our strength will be sapped as in the heat of summer. But if we confess our sin to God and repent, He will forgive our sin. When God forgives our sin, the guilt of that sin no longer has to weigh heavy on us, and our emotional and physical health can then return to well-being.

"When I kept silent, my bones wasted away
through my groaning all day long.
For day and night your hand was heavy on me;
my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer.

Then I acknowledged my sin to you
and did not cover up my iniquity.
I said, 'I will confess my transgressions to the Lord.'
And your forgave the guilt of my sin."

Psalm 32:3-5 (NIV)

Don't ignore or cover up your sins, and don't allow the guilt to waste your bones, weigh you down, and sap your energy. Confess your sins to the Lord so He can forgive you and set you free to live life with strength and vitality, no longer burdened by the negative effects of guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment