Sunday, July 22, 2012

Give ALL Your Worries And Cares To God

For four years now, my sons and I have gone down to BC to help out with an annual, week-long, summer Vacation Bible School. We are usually gone for a total of eight days. As all of you know, I love gardening! However, I have no one to care for my flowers while I am gone, so every year I ask God to do it. And every year I come home from VBS to a well-watered lawn and garden.

This year, however, I have to admit, I was a bit worried, mostly because the weeks leading up to VBS were exceptionally hot. So the Friday before we left, while I watered my lawn, my flowers gardens, my flower pots, and my new shrubs and trees, I anxiously prayed that God would care for them all. As I continued to pray, the assurance of God came over me, and I left Saturday morning with peace of mind.

During the week of VBS, I had only fleeting thoughts about my yard. Then, yesterday evening, as I drove down my street and saw the first glimpse of my yard in over a week, I was amazed at how beautiful my yard and flowers looked — they looked better than when I left! My first thought was, "Maybe I should have God care for my yard on a regular basis."





We can give ALL our worries and cares to God, because He really does care about us.

"Give all your worries and cares to God,
for He cares about you."
1 Peter 1:7 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment