Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Do You Know How God Controls The Clouds?

"Do you know how God controls the clouds
and makes His lightning flash?"
Job 37:15 (NIV)

Last night I woke up to silent flashes of bright lights in my room every few seconds. When my mind was fully functioning, I realized that the flashes were frequent lightning strikes. Oddly, the only thunder sound was a slight, background rumble, certainly not the typical "boom!" that people in the prairies are used to hearing. However, even without the loud frightening sound effects, the storm was the most spectacular lightning storm I have ever seen!

Here are some pictures of the lightning that my son Tim managed to capture on camera.



Whenever I hear the thunder and see the lightning, I instantly think of God. After all, it is He who unleashes His lightning beneath the heavens and sends it to the earth.

"He unleashes His lightning beneath the whole heaven
and sends it to the ends of the earth."
Job 37:3 (NIV)

Sometimes I wonder if God sends His thunder and lightning, especially at night when we are asleep, as a wake-up-call to His majestic existence and power. And I also wonder how many people who hear and see His thunder and lightning secretly tremble inside because they have not acknowledged Him as their Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment