Monday, November 19, 2012

Fear In God Dispels All Fear

Throughout Scripture, God tells His people not to fear, because He is our light, our salvation, our fortress, our protector, our confidence, our shield, and our helper. In God, we have everything we need! There is never a reason to be afraid.

"The Lord is my light and my salvation —
so why should I be afraid?
The Lord is my fortress,
protecting me from danger,
so why should I tremble?
Psalm 27:1 (NLT)


"So we can say with confidence,
'The Lord is my helper,
so I will have no fear.
What can mere people do to me?'"
Hebrews 13:6 (NLT)

But God also commands His people to fear Him. Is this a contradiction? Certainly not. To fear God doesn't mean to be apprehensively afraid. It means to love, trust, respect, obey, and seek Him first. It's when we fear God in this manner that we don't have to be afraid of anything or anyone. If we fear the Lord, He promises to be our helper in times of trouble and our shield of protection in times of attack; if we fear Him, His love and salvation will remain with us forever.

"All you who fear the Lord,
trust the Lord!
He is your helper and your shield."
Psalm 115:11 (NLT)

"But the love of the Lord remains forever
with those who fear Him.
His salvation extends to the children's children."
Psalm 103:17 (NLT)

Fear in God dispels all fear!

No comments:

Post a Comment