Friday, November 16, 2012

The Holy Spirit Will Remind You

I came home yesterday from my weekly women's Bible study to this note lying on my counter.


One of my sons, I guess the artistic one, was reminding me to do something.

The Holy Spirit, who is our Counsellor, has been sent by God to teach us all things. He is the One who reminds us of everything Jesus has taught us in His Word. However, the Holy Spirit doesn't leave notes. He speaks to us inwardly and reminds us of the truths in God's Word when we need to hear them. At crucial times in our lives, when we need to repent, discern, be enlightened, flee, fight, speak up, keep quiet, be sensitive to the needs of others, or be empathic, we will certainly hear from Him.

We need to listen to the voice of God through His Holy Spirit, because God promises us that His Holy Spirit will counsel, teach, guide, warn, and remind us of the precious, life-changing words that Jesus spoke in the Scriptures.

"But the Counsellor, the Holy Spirit,
whom the Father will send in My Name,
will teach you all things
and will remind you of everything
I have said to you."
John 14:26 (NIV)

One of the benefits of having the Holy Spirit reside in us is that He can speak to us any time and any place. We don't have to go looking for a note for Him to remind us.

Now what was I supposed to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment