Friday, November 30, 2012

For the Father Is Seeking

The Bible says that the Father is seeking true worshippers who will worship Him in spirit and truth.

"But the hour is coming,
and is now here,
when the true worshipers
will worship the Father
in spirit and truth,
for the Father is seeking
such people to worship Him."
John 4:23 (ESV)

When I read this verse a couple of days ago, the words "is seeking" caught my eye. The verb "to seek" means "to go in search or quest of," or "to try to find or discover by searching or questioning." As I pondered the meaning of these words, I stopped for a moment and asked myself the question, "Shouldn't it be easy for God to find people who worship Him? I mean, all He has to do is look inside the multitude of prominent churches that are built around the world, right? Why does He have to seek?"

The answer is because the Scriptures say God is seeking TRUE worshippers — those who will worship Him in spirit and truth.


My prayer is that may our worship be true in God's eyes and worthy of His honour, holiness, and majesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment